Tulsa Metal Finishing Company wishes to remind you of the following established practices of the metal finishing industry and the processing of your materials:
It is generally recognized that even after exhausting all science known to us, and capable employees with many years of experience, there still remain hazards in the electroplating industry. As a consequence, and in order to avoid misunderstandings, we have established the following terms and conditions under which your materials will be accepted by us for processing:
- Whenever we are given material with detailed instructions as to the treatment process, our responsibility will end with the carrying out of those instructions. The type of material, plating tolerances and overall specifications for processing shall be declared in writing prior to our processing.
- Our liability for any cause is limited to the cost of direct labor and material of the product directly damaged during our processing, or three times our processing charges on such material, whichever is the lesser. Charges for our services are based on this policy limiting our liability. This policy includes but is not limited to scrappage and loss for any reason that results in shipped quantity discrepancies.
- Liability greater than that outlined in the above paragraph will be assumed by us only when so agreed in writing by us. In such event, a higher charge may be made for our services.
- Parts, materials, etc. as processed by us shall be presumed to be accepted as satisfactory by you if we are not notified of damages, shortages or any other discrepancies within 10 working days of your receipt of the given materials. Rejected parts must be returned to us for rework. Further processing or assembly of rejected parts, materials, etc. by you or any other party shall constitute a waiver of liability on our part.
- Where operations or processes performed by us are in the nature of "salvaging" (includes but not limited to: stripping coatings, plating or other rework not originated by us) parts or material, the work is accepted on a "best effort" basis and no liability shall attach to us unless previously agreed upon in writing prior to processing the job.
- In the event that results of metal finishing operations are unsatisfactory due to metal imperfections, changes in grade or composition of materials, manufacturing and/or fabrication imperfections, usages for which the plating or other finishing operation was not reasonably designed, and similar variables over which we have no control, the customer will be required to pay the contracted amount for the finishing operation performed.
We are sure you will agree with us that the above terms and conditions are realistic and reasonable, and that acceptance of the material for processing subject to terms and conditions will permit us to continue to provide exceptional metal finishing at an economical price.